- Lots of yummy food.
- A minimally demanding exercise schedule.
- Allowing myself time to establish good habits.
- Maintenance periods that help me prepare for sustainable weight loss.
- Time to reflect and get to the core of my issues.
- Did I mention chocolate?
Lots of good stuff, right? There’s also a big downside for me that popped up this week. Even though I’ve made a lot of progress, I have so far to go.
- I can barely squeeze into my men’s extra large t-shirt for volleyball each week.
- I had the worst time trying to climb into the third row seating in my friend’s Jeep.
- I had to extend the straps of my life jacket for kayaking as far as they could go and even then it was a tight fit.
- I tried on a pair of jeans that were a size down from my baggy size 22 that I’ve worn since before I started this whole thing, and I couldn’t even button them.
I’m feeling a bit deflated (in strictly the emotional sense). Usually, I like to be optimistic and put a positive spin on things, but I’m just not feeling it this week. I forgot to weigh myself and my health is dropping too low on my priority list. Maybe a little honesty will help me snap out of my funk.